Monday, October 12, 2015

Puppy Love

Let me tell you that this weekend was one for the record books. No, not because I did something crazy or once in a lifetime, rather because of who I got to see. This special someone is not so much a person but instead my puppy, Stella. My baby girl is not so much a puppy anymore being that she is 13 years old. Regardless, I still think that the Australian Shepherd you see below is as cute as the first day I saw her. 


As a heads up, I use "baby girl" and "Bella Baby" interchangeably. Now the last time I saw my dog was about two months ago when I left for college Mid-August. I have gone longer without seeing her but in those two months a lot have happened, so I missed her a bit more than usual. 

This weekend is considered Fall Break for the students at Ohio Northern University (ONU). So for my break, I decided to go home and see my baby girl. I had a four hour long drive home and let me say that the last half hour was the longest because of my anticipation on seeing her. The following videos are both of our reactions from this extended time apart. 



Please do not judge my crazy high pitch because I am sure if you were as happy as I was, you would do the same thing. Once I got unpacked and sat around the house, Stella of course never left my side. I mean look at the picture below and tell me she is not overly happy that I am home. 


After a few more hours of petting and cuddling, I end up going to bed and shutting my door. When I woke up the next morning, guess who was lying outside my door? That is right, it was my Bella Baby. Saturday I relax around the house and Stella of coarse was still ecstatic I am home. Sunday swings around and she is still trying to play with me any second she could. Keep in mind she is 13 years old and does not play when I am not home, not even with my parents. 

Sadly, today rolls around which is the day I had to head back to ONU. She could tell something was up and was acting especially cuddly. When it came time for me to leave, I naturally took forever to say goodbye. After a while, I finally said my last goodbye and left for my car to leave. As soon as I got in my car and put it in reverse, the picture below is what I saw staring at me. 


It breaks my heart to say goodbye to her but she knows I will be coming back. It will be at least another month maybe another two until I see her again, but I know when we do see each other she will cry just the same as she did when I picked her to hold while at the Last Chance Rescue Adoption Shelter. I have nothing but unconditional love for my Bella Baby. 


Until Next Time,
Matt

2 comments:

  1. It's so awesome that you have that kind of bond with her. I've never been a dog person but I can see where people would love having one. The kind of bond that you have with her is unlike anything else and it's great to see older dogs being cared for just as well, if not better, than younger dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt,

    You continue to amaze me with all of the common interests we share. I LOVE DOGS. If I were you, I would just bring her to ONU so I never had to leave her. I know what you mean when there is deeper connection between you and your dog. Especially the older dogs, they are like the grandparents that never got to lick your face and sleep at the foot of your bed. Anyways, I am glad to see you and your dog have such a strong bond and give you a great weekend and Fall Break! Nice post, Matt.

    ReplyDelete