Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Stepping Into My "Big Boy Pants"

Growing up is such as weird thing, right? I feel like it was just yesterday I came to Ohio Northern University; rather it has been over two years. I look in the mirror and I wonder if I actually look "grown up" because I still see the kid who carried his blankey everywhere he went. It is even crazier to think I am 20 years old and am about to turn 21 years old, the age that defines all things adult. 

Last night, I took one of the many big steps most college kids eventually have to take, this being signing a lease for a house. The picture to the right is me in the action of signing and putting on my metaphorical "big boy pants." I honestly was shaking as I signed the lease because it was me realizing I am an adult now. In that moment I realized I am no longer the foolish high school student who pulled pranks constantly. It hit me that I am a mostly mature college student that is taking his first steps into adulthood. Beyond just signing for the house, I also am starting to search for internships and potential careers. Like when did these changes occur? What happen to the kid who constantly played Xbox 360 last year? 

All of my realizations were finally brought to light due to me signing a simple piece of paper. I cannot believe what I have already accomplished in my 20 years. Even more so, I am excited to see what adventures and events are to come in my future. I love my life and signing the lease last night only made me surer of it. 

Until Next Time,
Matt


1 comment:

  1. Matt,

    I really want to say that you are not alone on this. I am currently in the process of trying to find a house. And the whole time I have been looking, I think to myself, "Are you ready for this?" Leasing a house is very big responsibility and I don't think it is bad to be scared of that. Like you said, we have always been the high school kids that had parents help us get here. Now we must take our own steps into adulthood and looking for a house is something that I constantly think about. Congrats on getting the house though, I'm sure you will still have plenty of shenanigans going on in your house, after all we are still college students, right?

    ReplyDelete