Monday, November 2, 2015

21, the Truly Magical Number

Something amazing happen last night and or this morning (depending on how you view the time change), I took the next step into adulthood and turned 21 years old. That is right everyone, my driver’s license is now horizontal rather than vertical. But forget all those bogus details about turning one year older; let us talk about the real topic of how that night is one for the record books.

Well to set the scene, Halloween this year fell on a Saturday. Instead of staying around and celebrating both events at my campus, Ohio Northern University (ONU), I decided to make a four and a half hour trip up to Mount Pleasant to do such there. Now Mount Pleasant is home of one of the biggest party schools in Michigan, Central Michigan University (CMU). Anyways, on Friday and Saturday we celebrated Halloween and "socialized" until the break of dawn. It was not until Sunday though that I found out that Timeflies was set to perform at a bar/club within walking distance of the apartment to which I was staying. My friends already purchased tickets for the event, so it was down to me to make the call if I go to the concert or go back to ONU that night.  

Sure enough, I jumped on the opportunity to not only see Timeflies perform, but turn 21 years old at the concert. The concert was absolutely crazy leading up to the stroke of Midnight. When it finally hit midnight on November 2nd, I sprinted over to the bar, pulled out the ID, and ordered my first legal drink with the biggest smile on my face. Keep in mind that I am the baby within our friends group, so I was the last to hit this milestone.


As you can see from the smiles on all of our faces, the concert was a success, my birthday was a success, and the memories gained are ones never to be forgotten. We rarely are all in the same place at the same time, so for a moment such as this made it even more special.

As a side note, I was responsible with my drinking choices and made smart decisions that represented not only myself in a positive way, but as an ONU student as well. I would and will never condone underage drinking and I believe that as a young professional, we should be under control of our own actions at all times. 

Until Next Time,
Matt



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a blast! I've never heard of that band so I'll have to look them up. I also think it's great that you were responsible drinking and that you made wise choices. So many people nowadays are so eager to drink that they disregard the reasons laws are made restricting alcohol consumption.

    ReplyDelete