Tuesday, November 17, 2015

More Options To "McPick" From

Ladies and gentlemen, please take note that you will have an additional option to choose from at McDonalds. 


 By no means am I talking about another food option choice to choose from, but more so a food combination option. That is right, McDonalds is soon to start offering the "McPick 2" deal. What is the McPick 2 deal you may ask? It is as simple as the name can imply, you have the choice to pick two items for the low price of two dollars. Customers are able to choose their McPicks from a list of four items: McDouble(s), McChicken(s), small order(s) of french fries, and mozzarella sticks. 

The launch of this menu is to take place starting Jan. 4, 2016. McDonald's believes that is has finally hit gold with this product deal. For years, fellow fast food competitors have struggled to offer a deal that satisfied the "I am hungry, but not that hungry" market. 

I think McDonald's is right in saying it has struck gold with this option. For one, it is launching the menu in the winter, following the holidays. Typically, all the leftovers are finished by this time and people begin resuming his or her normal schedules. With this option now available, it will bring in the sales of those on the run and not looking to spend more than a literal couple of dollars. 

In addition to that, it is offering three of its most well known options. These options also allow the individual to purchase any amount of any option he or she would like. There is no requirement stating the choices have to be different, so McDonald has again struck gold. Personally, I do not eat fast food, and if I do, it is once in a blue moon. Does this new menu option entice a person like me? Not at all. Do I believe it to be a brilliant marketing and sales move? Without a doubt. 


Until Next Time,
Matt

2 comments:

  1. Matt,

    I saw this promotion on Twitter and Facebook the other day. I couldn't believe the mozzarella sticks option since those are going to be a hit I bet. McDonald's always finds a way to get us coming back to them. I love the golden arches now more than I ever have because of their consistent attention to consumer preferences and ideas. Can't wait to try this out! P.S. keep your head up about that leg, you got this man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt, this is really cool! I had not seen this yet and I think it will be such a big hit. Like you said, the fact that they are launching this after the holidays is a very strategic move. Everyone will want to get a piece of this new deal. I had no idea they were bringing in mozzarella sticks because I know so many people that are crazy about them and I think this new menu may bring about their weakness. I personally am not a huge fan of the cheese sticks, but I'm sure students at ONU will just eat this deal up. I feel like McDonalds is always the leader in the great fast food competition, with their incredibly low prices and most well-liked food on the go. They can't go wrong with this new tactic!

    ReplyDelete