Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Salesperson on Measuring Salespeople Relations

As I finish “Measure What Matters" by Katie Pain, one of her last chapters intrigued me. Within Chapter 12, she directly focuses on how to measure relationships with salespeople, channel partners, and franchises. Now, I could bore you with the exact steps on how to measure and blah blah blah, but what I want to focus around is the way she introduced and explained other measures of success in this area. 

As many know, I am a sales representative for a promotional product retailer. So when I read the following ways she proposed, it made me stop and think about how it related to my experience being a salesperson.

-More visibility than the competition
            The business that I work for is relatively small in both size and overall influence in regards to the market share. The thing that sets us apart though is how we strive to make every order one that our customer would want to promote and be proud of the work that we provide. We do not simply create articles about what we do, we want our customers to mention us publicly because it provides an additional insight, or visibility, that could not have been seen otherwise. The measurement of success is more so for bigger company because of the comparing aspect of sheer volume of coverages. 

-Better image than the competition
            I think this measurement concept is beyond the need to explain. For any business to be successful, it must have a reputable image. The better the image compared to the competition, the more sales or exposure it will get. At the franchise level, this concept is a lot easier due to the analytical software out there that are able to measure the articles, blog posts, and treads already out there. 

-Getting visibility for local franchisees  
            This idea revolved around the establishment of company spokespeople as community leaders on certain topics of interest. At the business that I work, we all take on this role as soon as we become hired on. We have weekly meetings for the sole purpose to get across our "corporate" messages. 
  
Until Next Time,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment