Sunday, November 22, 2015

Winning Weekend (Almost)

All I can say is what a weekend for my favorite sports teams. Just as a disclaimer, I am from Michigan and I am proud to be a Michigander. Anyways, this weekend many of my favorite football teams had games against challenging opponents. The following is the results of the "almost" winning weekend. 

On Friday, Ohio Northern University (ONU) had its first game of the NCAA playoffs against Franklin College. ONU was down by 16 points and was struggling to make any moves, that is, until it started to snow. Franklin was a dominant throwing team while ONU was a dominant running team. When the snow came down, it made it hard for Franklin to do what they do best, while ONU was not phased even in the slightest. ONU rallied and stuck it to Franklin by finishing and more so winning the game, 27-22. That was win number one for me this weekend. 

On Saturday, two games had my attention for a majority of the day. First was the Michigan verse Penn. State game. Although I am a Michigan State University (MSU) fan, I still root for its sister Big Ten School in the same state. The game was interesting to say the least but Michigan came out on top by winning the game 28-26. 

The most important game of the weekend was the Michigan State University verse "the" Ohio State University (OSU). This game was crazy to say the least. OSU has had a bunch of criticism against its schedule thus far in the season. The team was 10-0 and had yet to face a team ranked in the top 25. Going into this game, MSU was ranked ninth with a record of 9-1. MSU was also posed an even harder challenge due to the game being at OSU's home stadium and playing without its starting quarterback. The game was a dogfight and in the end, MSU kicked a 41-yard field goal to win the game, 17-14. As a MSU fan who attends a university that strongly roots for OSU, this was a huge win for my weekend.  

Today, my favorite NFL team won as well. The Detroit Lions pulled out a win against the Oakland Raiders with the final score being 18-13. The Lions is a team that must fight for every win more than any other team out there, at least that is my opinion. Therefore, this win was the cherry on top on the weekend of winning.

You are probably asking why I kept referring to it as "almost" winning even though all of my favorite teams had won. Well the answer to that is not one that can be seen from a single watchable game. The reason why this weekend was not perfect was that my Fantasy Football team let me down and was absolutely destroyed in points. I was projected to win by 35 points with a score of 127, but sadly, that number is solely theoretical. My team ended up not even breaking 50 points while my opponent ended up scoring more than I originally was projected. 

Overall, you cannot win them all...but winning four out of five is not half bad. 

Until Next Time,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment