Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Fleas at Every Turn

Fleas. We have fleas everywhere in our house.


I wish the fleas we had were comparable to the one is Disney's "A Bug's Life," but they are nowhere close to being similar. As I have mentioned many times before, we have a fair amount of animals in our college house. Naturally our dog is the prime suspect for which one of the animals brought the fleas in first, but the cats are not so innocent. All three of our cats love trying to go outside any chance they get. There has been well over a dozen times now that we have caught our cats roaming around outside without us knowing, so they very well could have brought in the fleas too. 

We had an issue with the fleas a few weeks back but our house vetoed my idea to flea-bomb the house to make sure all the eggs are killed. They thought that simply washing the animals would kill all remains of the fleas, but that clearly is not the case since they are back.

It has got so bad that the fleas are constantly biting me in my own bed because the animals generally sleep all the time in my room. My legs can not take much more abuse from the flea bites so I went out and bought heavy duty flea-bombs for our house. 

The only issue with this solution is that there is a lot of things to be done before the foggers can be opened, such as cleaning or putting away open food, but nobody in the house wants to actually clean. So not only is there a barrier to follow the cleaning instructions, but we also have to find a place for the animals while the foggers are do their jobs. It is always a fun time in our household and hopefully I can blog next week about how successful the flea-bombs were, but let's not jump the gun.  

Until Next Time,
Matt  

No comments:

Post a Comment