Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Friday Night Frights

It is a strange feeling to think all the fun I have had over the last few years is coming to end. My last undergraduate Halloween weekend is in the books. I think this year I had some of the most fun I have had on a Halloween weekend compared to all other Halloween weekends I have had here at Ohio Northern University

I do love getting dressed up in costumes every year because it gives a chance for me to show my truly weird self. I told myself that I would not wait until the last minute to get my costume together, but that did not happen. Come Friday around 5 p.m. I still had no costume picked out yet. So I got online and searched around and ran across a costume I could recreate with minimal effort and costs. As a fan of 1990s movies and Jim Carrey, I naturally was drawn to one of my favorite movies, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. I decided on recreating the rehab scene within the movie.  

In order to pull off this costume, I only needed two things: the shirt and the tutu. The funny part about the shirt I used is it is actually part of a scrubs uniform from a good girl friend of mine whom is a nursing major. The shirt fit so tight that I could move my arms above shoulder level. The tutu was the easiest part to find because my housemate picked it up for me at a Halloween store when he went out costume shopping. 
 
Even though this movie was produce in 1994 and was fairly popular, a lot of people had no idea whom I was. I kept getting asked if I was a fairy or something along those lines. On the other hand, the people who did recognize me from the movie absolutely loved and adored my costume. 

Until Next Time,
Matt









No comments:

Post a Comment