Sunday, December 6, 2015

The "Fun" Week

How much "fun" can I have in the next five days? 

Most Ohio Northern University (ONU) students already know the answer to said question. Without a doubt, the common answer would be "none at all." These next five days is what the university calls "dead week" but it is anything but dead. 


 It is the hellish week where professors all across ONU decide to have multiple of projects and papers all to complete. I have no idea where the term dead week came from but it is the farthest thing than what ONU experienced during the week before finals. I am not going to explain to you what all I have to do and how bad it blows because I know there are hundreds of students that have it much harder than I do. 

It is the week of stress, limited sleep, countless cups of coffee, and an increasing anxiety about the following week. My only advice is no matter how heavy of a workload one may have, nothing can be solved in an instant, so take your time and focus on the end result. Nothing is more motivating than getting to see ones family or animals after a stressful period. 

Until Next Time,
Matt

4 comments:

  1. MAtt,

    I couldn't agree with you more. Whenever I think of dead week coming around the corner, I think of all the work I will need to get done and when the week finally arrives, I realize I have more work to do than I had originally thought. Wishing you the best of luck during this week, I hope you survived day 1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt,

    The next week for me is so full of suspense because finals is so close, yet so far away. The next five days will be challenging to us, but I am doing it all for the undeniable glory that is "Christmas Break". The anxiety will keep me awake at night on Sunday night, but once I get through that first exam, I think it will be smooth sailing, after all we've been here before #seasonedvets. Nice post Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt,

    There definitely is no fun to be had during dead week. I really wish dead week at ONU was like other schools I know of that have nothing due. The students there can properly prepare for finals in the following week where as here at ONU, students are left in an residual trance and unable to prepare for finals properly.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister has a day during dead week where she doesn't have any of her classes. I wish we had that. Unfortunately instead dead week is the week where our professors try to kill us with homework, lack of sleep and general stress.

    ReplyDelete